Usually, we take payment for your order when it's delivered, not when you checkout online. So, if your card is due to expire before your chosen delivery slot, your card may not be accepted.
We will be able to verify a new payment method on your account once your current card has expired.
If you've made a payment for your Ocado shop and this fails, don't worry. You can log into your account and re-submit the payment by following the below steps:
- When you log in you’ll be greeted with a message advising your payment has been unsuccessful
- Click Update payment details
- You’ll see a screen to choose which payment method you’d like to use
- Choose your card or PayPal account (or add a new method), then click ‘Submit’
- We’ll now try to take payment again, which can take 24 hours to process
Please note: adding a new payment method to your ‘Stored payment details’ won’t automatically clear the outstanding payment, so please use the method above.
If you think it may be something else, you'll need to contact your bank to make sure there are no other problems with your card. They will undertake the verification process on our behalf.