There is no sure-fire way to spot a phishing email, but there are a few signs that should make you cautious:
1. The information is generic.
2. The information appears very precise, but you are addressed in a generic way and not by your name.
3. The information is incorrect.
4. There are spelling mistakes or poor formatting.
5. The email address is not the usual address the sender uses.
6. The email either contains an attachment or a link to a website, and you will usually be asked to click on the link or download the attachment.